There are two new 3WW’s below this. The second one is better and shorter, Dawg with coat of shiny hair 🙂 The other blog is a true WIP. We’re not having a good day in anyway. It’s Groundhog Day at The Savage house–and probably will be for a few days or the rest of our life.
UL asked me to do this. I don’t tag people. If you want to do any or all feel free.
Five weird things about me: that will be hard. Five places that I would like to visit or visit again. Five things I never imagined at 25. I’m going to begin with that one.
Five things I never imagined at 25:
1) Blogging–that there would be this amazing new way of communicating I would earn a right to have a love/hate relationship with. By extension the entire Internet. I do love it so much and have to take breaks from it.
2) That two thirds of my friends would die of a disease I couldn’t imagine–and the “sexual revolution” of the 70’s to mid 80’s would turn into lectures by me and all my friends on condom use. I miss the freedom I felt at 25. I miss feeling invincible and conversely that early death is normal.
3) That I wouldn’t get married again but live with more men. And that my father would encourage me to live with rather than marry. Nor could I imagine that the man I was divorcing would become somebody who would give me incredible opportunities. I knew when I was eighteen someday his talents would shine. I was in a distinct minority.
4) That there would be an American president far more dangerous than Nixon or Reagan. And that the blogosphere would play an important role in diffusing his power. I did imagine a race between a Black male and a woman. I didn’t imagine that Jewish mothers would forbid their children from even thinking about becoming president or becoming doctors.
5)That meeting my birth mother would become a reality–and that I wouldn’t like her.
I have to add a sixth: I never imagined that I would be in my 50’s and feel young and that almost anything is possible
Five places I want to visit or visit again
1) I have been to England and Scotland many times and never tire of it. I am half Irish by birth and fear going as I don’t know my county of origin. I will get over that.
2) I want to revisit my youth and let myself see what people really thought of me. Then I want to redo parts of it. I don’t believe in wallowing in regret but I regret not having the confidence I should have had–and I regret always riding the easiest or curviest roads but never the middle. Then again I wouldn’t be me so…
3)I have always wondered what it’s like to see New York for the first time. I hope to come back many times as a tourist.
4) I want to revisit my innocence and see the world through fresh unjaded eyes.
5) I would like to visit the future and make sure the young girls I know live wonderful lives and so do their descendants. I hope that America becomes a country to be proud of again.
Five Weird things about me
1) I guard myself fiercely. For when I let people take advantage of me it’s conscious, and based on either the fears that dyspraxa/NVLD wrought in me, or misguided idealism.
2) I feel guilt over almost everything yet that has never stopped me from saying the most outrageous things
3) I’m a compulsive photographer. This is something I never could have done before the digital age.
4) I have always, and will always, look for the meaning of life in song lyrics.
5) I’m an incurable optimist. I do believe that tomorrow will be better. I believe that America will find its way. I believe that I will be a “later in life” success and that people won’t find that too weird.